Thursday, October 19, 2017

Two Cards, One Die with Spellbinders and Scrapbook.com!

Hi!
Today I have two cards to share, using the same die! I love being able to stretch my supplies, so it always makes me happy when I can find dies and stamps that allow me to use them in different ways.  It's no secret that I love fall, so I was so excited to be able to use the Spellbinders D-Lites Jack-O-Lantern die.  These amazing products are available on Scrapbook.com.

For my first card, I die cut the pumpkin and stem out of Watercolor Cardstock.  I used Spectrum Aqua Markers (watercolor markers) to add color.  To to do, I actually paint with the markers by scribbling them on an acrylic block and using a waterbrush to paint!




To create the background, I just flicked the color onto the panel with the waterbrush.  I picked up several colors with the brush to create some interest.


I just think that pumpkin is so pretty! It embosses as it cuts, so there is automatic dimension created in the die cut.


Now, for the next card, I made that pretty pumpkin all cute! I used the same die set, but created a completely different card!


To create the background, I used Distress Oxide Inks Wilted Violet and Spiced Marmalade on some Black Shimmering cardstock.  I flicked some water on it, too, so the ink would react and brighten up.  When Oxide Inks meet water, the color saturates and really pops off of the paper.


The pumpkin was cut from colored cardstock, then placed on top of the shimmering black card base so the eyes, nose and mouth would show up.


To finish everything off, I added a fun sentiment and a few sequins.


Fun, right? I love the fact that I can use the same dies over and over again with completely different results!

Thanks so much for stopping by today! Make sure to stop by and check out all of the Spellbinders products available on Scrapbook.com!

Looking for more projects similar to this one? Check out @TeamSpellbinders and @Scrapbookcom on Instagram for more inspiration!  And don't forget to check out the Spellbinders Blog, too! It's fantastic!!!




SUPPLIES:

Watercolor Cardstock
Your Next Stamp Whatnot Sentiments Five

Jack O Lantern Card:
Sequins
Distress Oxide Inks Wilted Violet, Spiced Marmalade
Shimmering Black Pearl Cardstock



Let's Connect! 

 




No comments:

Post a Comment

Thank you so much for commenting!!! :)